Locations and rooms in ITEXIA offer you many possibilities to adapt the inventory management to your needs. Here we show you how.
Locations and rooms in ITEXIA are essential to organize and manage your inventory. However, you can also manage other features through them, depending on your specific needs.
The logic behind locations and rooms:
Based on the combination of locations and rooms, each scanned inventory can be identified and assigned. During the initial scan, each inventory is assigned a target location and target room. During the inventory, the room in which one is located is defined as the current value in the app and written to the inventory during scanning. Thus, ITEXIA can assign a status to the inventory that represents a comparison between the current and target room and location.
You should also know that updating the room always updates the location as well, since these values always exist linked.
What are the customization options:
When naming locations and rooms, think about what infrastructure exists in your own company and what kind of organization for your inventories makes the most sense.
Locations could e.g be.:
- cities if the company owns buildings in several cities
- buildings, if there are several on the plant site
- departments of your company, if there is only one location or the division into departments generally makes more sense
Spaces can also be understood and applied differently according to the same principle, e.g. as:
- Physical room, provided that a fixed assignment of inventories to rooms makes sense
- Department, if a more dynamic assignment is desired
- Employees, if a fixed assignment, e.g. of PCs to employees, is desired. (Often used when sites are organized as departments in ITEXIA).
- Cost center, to allow quick assignment of inventories to the respective cost center.