If you want to add new features to your inventory, for example the serial number, information about the warranty or the condition, attach an invoice, etc., you can easily create new fields.
Note: You already know how to create new fields and would like to know how you can edit your existing fields? Then click here please.
That's how creating new field works:
1. Go to the Settings menu
2. Click on Field definition (objects)
3. Click on Create Field
4. Choose the desired field type
- If you want to include a warranty date field, select Date.
- A field for attaching an invoice or a picture is given the field type Attachment.
- If you want to create a 'serial number' field or display simple descriptions of the object, you can use the field type Text.
- You would like to show the state of your object, then choose for example Dropdown and list different states there, like 'new', 'used', 'to be scrapped' etc.
Note: To find out more about the respective field types (such as text, dropdown, date), move the mouse over a field. A mouse-over will appear in which you will then find a brief explanation of each field type.
5. Give the field a field name and set any options you want
Note: You have different options here: You can, for example decide whether the field should also be visible in the app or only in the inventory manager, whether the field should remain editable in the future and whether it should be a mandatory field. You can assign the field to a group and thus show the fields of a group together in the detailed view of the inventory.
5. Give the field a field name and specify your options:
You can choose from the following on / off fields:
- whether the field should also be visible in the app or only in the inventory manager. Accordingly, select your option under 'App' -> 'Visible in app'.
- whether the field should be editable on the scanner or in the app, then leave the option 'Read-only on scanner' deactivated
- whether the field should remain editable in the future. To do this, select your option under 'General' -> 'Editable'.
- whether it should be a mandatory field
- whether the field should be displayed in the detailed view of the inventory manager. Click here and we will show you where you can find the detailed view of your objects.
In addition, you can:
- optionally assign a standard value to save time when adding new items to ITEXIA, e.g. for larger purchases.
- assign the field to a group (e.g. a separate group for 'Documents')
- The respective fields of this group appear together in the detailed view of the object. Here we will show you exactly how this looks and how groups help you to keep the perfect overview of your objects.
6. Save your entries by clicking on the Update.